iCloud Storage Upgrades
When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage for Mail, Backup, iCloud Photo Library data, and iCloud Drive. Your purchased music, movies, apps, books, TV shows, and shared albums don’t count against that free storage. If you need more iCloud storage, you have two options:
- Upgrade to a total of 20 GB, 200 GB, 500 GB or 1 TB of iCloud storage.
- Reduce the amount of iCloud storage you’re using.
Upgrade your iCloud storage plan
You can increase the amount of storage by selecting a new plan from your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, or PC (for example, a 200 GB plan to replace a 20 GB plan). Your existing storage plan will be canceled, and you’ll be charged the prorated cost for the upgrade (the cost of the higher-tier plan minus the prorated cost of the previous plan). Your plan is upgraded immediately, and the new monthly payment date is updated to reflect the purchase date for the new plan. You’ll be notified by email each month about 7 days before the monthly payment for your storage plan is due. Your storage upgrade is billed every month unless you cancel by downgrading your storage plan.
- If you’re using iOS 8, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage. If you’re using an earlier version of iOS, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup
- Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
- Choose an upgrade, then tap Buy and enter your Apple ID password.