Accessibility Statement for ETTE
Empowerment through Technology & Education, Inc. (ETTE) is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant standards.
Empowerment through Technology & Education, Inc. uses our own internal team to Test, Remediate, and Maintain Accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Empowerment through Technology & Education, Inc. takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of ETTE:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Include people with disabilities in our design team.
- Add an overlay tool for accessibility.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. ETTE is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Navigation should be easy for Assistive technologies like:
- Screen Reader (NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver).
- Screen Magnifiers (Zoom up to 200%).
- Navigating the Website using only a Keyboard.
PDF and Downloadable content:
This site has been remediated so that the PDF content is also accessible. The PDF documents (6 documents) included in this site have been remediated for compliance to WCAG 2.1 AA.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
ETTE is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Chrome with JAWS on WINDOWS.
- Fire Firefox with NVDA on WINDOWS.
- Safari with VoiceOver on MAC.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of ETTE. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on ETTE:
- Phone: 202.345.1965
- E-mail: [email protected] The subject must start with Accessibility
- Postal address: Empowerment through Technology & Education, Inc. 5335 Wisconsin Ave. NW Suite 440 Washington, D.C. 20015
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility Technical specifications
Accessibility of ETTE relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of ETTE, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for ETTE:
- Video demos for 3rd party products: Video demos do not have the correct close captions because the video demos belong to 3rd parties and ETTE cannot control the level of accessibility.
Accessibility Assessment approach
Empowerment through Technology & Education, Inc. assessed the accessibility of ETTE by the following approaches:
- An automated audit and remediation was made by an overlay tool
A downloadable PDF of the evaluation report for ETTE is available at:
Accessibility Conformance Report
A downloadable PDF of the Accessibility Conformance Report for ETTE is available at:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Empowerment through Technology & Education, Inc.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days.
December 9, 2020
This statement will be updated if any new accessibility barrier is found by regular users or by monitor testing.